Wednesday 22 April 2009

Command line

I prefer command line interfaces on all OS'. Vista also has a command line interface, but the guys at Redmond always find something new to irritate me. The DOS-box can't be maximised... argh... crap... suckers. Why god? Why?
Why would you disable this feature? I trully don't understand. Somebody must have thought, hey, I think my users would like to do less, than that they are used to. Yeah, sure, brilliance is bliss, but ignorance rules the world. Thankfully I don't stand alone in this world, and people always find way's to go around these problems.

Thank you Walkernews:
http://www.walkernews.net/2007/06/03/how-to-maximize-vista-command-prompt-window/

1 comment:

mcvdmvs said...

1. Open an elevated-privilege Command Prompt window,
2. At the Vista Command Prompt, type wmic and press ENTER,
3. Click the Maximize Window button of the Command Prompt window (the middle button at the upper-right corner) to maximize it,
4. Type exit and press ENTER,
5. Right-click the Vista Command Prompt Title-bar and select Properties option menu,
6. Without changing anything, click OK button to close the Command Prompt Properties dialog box,
7. Type exit and press ENTER to close the current Vista Command Prompt.
8. Now, re-open the Vista Command Prompt window again (as in step 1), it should have automatically and fully maximized to fit your Desktop resolution! I tested it successfully in Windows Vista Ultimate, and I suppose this tricks will works on other Windows Vista editions as well!